Download PDF version
Director, Content and Community
New York, NY | September 2018 – September 2019
Leading content and community marketing for Clubhouse, the first project management platform for software development that brings everyone on every team together to build better products.
- Doubled site traffic (new visitors) and generated 220+ first-touch sign-ups with a “developer-first” content marketing and SEO strategy.
- Oversaw a team of 12 freelancers, and was responsible for production, publication, and distribution of content marketing across all channels including blog, social media, and third party communities.
- Successfully launched the new Clubhouse brand, across all owned and third-party channels, leading a squad of engineers, designers, and marketers, as well as coordinating with agencies and contractors.
- Acted as the product and content manager for the Clubhouse marketing site, clubhouse.io, prioritizing, scoping and overseeing the creation of all new site features, sections, and content.
- Stewarded – and acted as gatekeeper for – the Clubhouse brand voice across all marketing channels and assets, as well as the project management platform itself.
- Managed Clubhouse’s event, conference and meetup marketing strategy; selected which events to exhibit at and negotiated sponsorship packages, facilitated the creation of all event materials; coordinated and managed on-site activity.
Strategy and Content Director
New York, NY | April 2017 – September 2018
Steered all marketing and content strategies across multiple channels, yielding revenue growth for a diverse portfolio of clients.
- Directed a team of copywriters, content strategists, and marketing strategists; guided and mentored staff to achieve short and long-range goals.
- Led expertise across marketing strategy, content strategy, content marketing, brand messaging and content production.
- Spearheaded global marketing strategy for four Samsung mobile services: Samsung Pay, Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Kids.
- Launched a leading educational platform for Snapchat’s advertising business unit.
- Led content strategy for the redesign and relaunch of Ithaca College’s .edu.
- Transformed Google for Education’s sales demo experience.
- Delivered innovative and forward-thinking concepts for revenue-generating ad products to Dow Jones’ Innovation Lab.
Senior Content Strategist
New York, NY | September 2012 – April 2017
Acted as the lead content strategist across a wide range of client engagements, managing a team of full-time and contracted content strategists and copywriters.
- Directed a team of 4 creative professionals to execute full-cycle content strategy across all types of client projects including content marketing, communications strategy, key messaging, website design and development, content management, sales enablement, and content governance.
- Generated 371% increase in engagement among Google’s DoubleClick brand audience with the launch of a new thought-leadership website.
- Triggered 200% sales growth for Google products, leading content strategy for a sales-training product, Google TrainUp.
- Relaunched the Chrome for Work website, leading content strategy for a new cohesive, value-driven experience.
- Revamped and launched an intranet for Viacom used by over 10,000 employees; provided internal comms team with robust site governance and editorial strategy.
Global Community Manager – Consumer
London, UK | October 2011 – September 2012
Generated global online engagement with one of the world’s leading online security brands.
- Grew the community to become the first online security brand to reach one million likes; attained over 100K followers on Twitter.
- Performed on a winning team, recognized with “Best Use of Social Media” award at the 2011 Computer Weekly Awards and “Most Social Business” at the 2012 Useful Social Media Awards.
Content & Motion
Online PR & Communities Manager
Lewes, UK | June 2010 – October 2011
Led and executed online PR, community and social media strategy for several leading brands.
- Achieved 900% community growth across Facebook and Twitter for TomTom, as well as 200% growth in brand conversation and share of voice.
- Secured national and online press coverage for Continental Tyres sponsorship of 2010 FIFA World Cup; supported and amplified online competitions through online PR and social media.
- Launched Toluna QuickSurveys product with unique content partnership program, providing publishers with access to survey panels and data for editorial needs in return for mentions and coverage of the product.
Oliver & Graimes
Digital Account Manager
Brighton, UK | September 2009 – June 2010
Day-to-day management of a variety of digital projects, ranging from website design and development, online display advertising, email marketing, search marketing, social media, and mobile applications.
Continental Move Group & Teddy Francis
Brand Strategy & Marketing
Brighton, UK | August 2008 – September 2009
Created and executed the marketing strategies of two small businesses: Teddy Francis, a bespoke B2B furniture manufacturer and Continental Move Group, a B2B and B2C removals and relocation company.
Junior Press Assistant
London, UK | April 2007 – June 2008
Assisted on publicity campaigns for globally-recognized artists and live event brands such as The Rolling Stones, Genesis, David Gilmour, Pink Floyd, Download Festival, Live Earth, and Concert for Diana.
Live Nation UK
Online Community Manager (Freelance)
London, UK | Feb 2006 – June 2009
Online community manager for a number of Live Nation festival brands including Download Festival, Wireless Festival, and Hard Rock Calling, managing MySpace profiles and Facebook Pages for these brands.
- 2015 Davey Award (Gold): DoubleClick for “Brand Identity & Style Guide”
- 2015 Davey Award (Silver): DoubleClick.com for “Websites – Branding”
- 2012 Useful Social Media Award: AVG Anti Virus for “Most Social Business”
- 2011 Computer Weekly Award: AVG Anti-Virus for “Best Use of Social Media”.
- 2011 DMA Award (Silver): TomTom #BreakFree for “Best use of social media or viral”
BA (Hons) Journalism
Falmouth, United Kingdom | September 2005 – June 2008
Graduated with First Class Honours (equivalent to a 4.0 GPA)
- Marketing Strategy
- Content Marketing
- Editorial Strategy
- Social Media Strategy
- Brand Voice Development
- Brand Messaging
- IA & UX Strategy
- Content Creation & Copywriting
- Governance & Workflows
- Idea Generation
- Technical Content Strategy